VPS Get Involved
View Strategic Plan in .pdf document
If you would like to get involved with our TRB Committee, please contact a subcommittee chair to volunteer your help with a current project. From there you may be asked to join the subcommittee, and then later asked to join the full committee. We need your help and welcome your participation!
- Volunteer to serve as a reviewer of research papers, to work on a committee project, or to give a presentation or preside at a session of the annual meeting or a specialty conference.
- Participate in committee meetings, which generally are open to anyone who wishes to attend. Introduce yourself to the chair and other committee members.
- Attend the committee meeting
- Sign the attendance sheet so you will be included on the committee’s mailing list
- Learn about ongoing committee activities and think about which activities might suit your interests, schedule, and desired level of commitment. Most committees can use support in:
- Newsletter preparation
- Paper review
- Research statement development
- Annual or summer meeting session planning
- Don’t be bashful—talk with the chairman. They are always interested in finding new recruits and will be eager to find out about your interests.
- Ask to become a “friend” of the committee—the group of people who have an active interest in committee business
- Ask what committee activities need more volunteer support—what you can do to help
- Feel free to discuss your ideas of activities the committee might undertake in the future and the role you’d like to play
* If you don’t have a chance to talk with the chairman during the Annual Meeting, e-mail Kristine Williams at email@example.com after the meeting. Contact information is available on the TRB website (www.accessmanagement.gov)
Thanks for your interest! We hope you’ll get involved!